Monday, October 18, 2010

Just in time

The days have been so beautiful here and I have been finally sitting back for a few days, when I spied my friends that were so patiently sitting tucked away in their hiding places. I've had these clay jacks for at least 10 years now. When it's time to "tuck" them away in early November, I just find a comfortable place behind some bushes so that they will keep their "moss -aged" patina look. They can make me smile at the most unpredictable times when I'm gardening..all of a sudden, there they are, peeking out at me... they are just plain fun!

7 comments:

  1. What great idea to store them outside. I have seen these before and not bought them, even though I liked them, because where do you store them. The patina makes them even better than in their pristine colour. I may have to buy some next time I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these Jack's are Great! love the crow on top. I don't think I have ever seen clay Jack's before

    ReplyDelete
  3. These guys are great.... just the right patina too. I wish I had something that cool for our front door yard. I think I'm going to have to start looking for some....got any good ideas where to start looking???

    Hugs,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure where to find these anymore.. anyone , any ideas???? I bought them down in Ohio at a show that doesnt exist anymore.. so much great stuff down in Ohio..

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you think lowes or a garden store might have them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are those?! What a great idea to simply store them outside! I'm sure they serves all the little yard creatures well as shelters and hideout places. Now I want some!! :)

    ReplyDelete